The Tuality Healthcare Foundation Scholarship Committee distributes funds of various amounts to selected applicants pursuing health-related careers. Scholarship applications are accepted four times per year, and are available to any current Tuality employee who:
- has worked within the Tuality Healthcare system for at least one year, and
- is enrolled in an educational program or wish to attend a workshop, seminar or any continuing education program or wish to receive certification or re-certification, and
- has an objective to advance within the Tuality Healthcare organization.
Employee Scholarships are funded by the following sources:
- The Helen Schoen Scholarship Fund was established by Herman Schoen in 1989 to recognize the outstanding nursing care his wife received in her final days while a patient at Tuality Community Hospital. Mr. Schoen's generous gift establishing the scholarship expresses his desire to insure that this quality care continues. The Helen Schoen Scholarship provides funds for employees of the Tuality Healthcare Family involved in direct patient care who seek to enhance their education in health-related careers.
- The Foundation’s R.E. Hutchinson, M.D. Health Scholarship Fund was set up recently by the board of directors to honor his commitment to Tuality and the community. Scholarships from this fund are restricted specifically to employees pursuing further education and training in a medical position.
- Contributions to the Jane Kay Pitts Nursing Scholarship Fund provide a way for Tuality employees to pursue educational opportunities in the nursing field. Recently, set up through generous donations from Jane Kay’s family, friends, and her family at Tuality, this fund pays tribute to her dedication to the nursing field and the community in a lasting way.
- The Judy Browning Memorial Scholarship was established by Bob Browning and his family in memory of his wife Judy Browning who was cared for at Tuality Community Hospital before her death in May, 2006. Funds will be used for continuing education seminars and classes for non-managerial, hands-on patient care clinic staff.
- Volunteer Services Department Scholarships are from funds generated by various fundraisers conducted by the volunteers in the hospital. These fundraisers include book sales and scrub sales, to name a few. The Volunteer Services Department provides scholarship funds for employees of Tuality Healthcare who are pursuing studies that will enhance their knowledge and skills, and contribute to the high quality of health care in our community. "Volunteer Services Department" scholarships are available to all Tuality Healthcare employees and are not restricted to those involved in direct patient care.
- The Melba Krausnick Nursing Scholarship was established by Melba’s family in 2007. Melba was a volunteer at Tuality Community Hospital for 37 years. This scholarship is available to those employees with nursing related educational needs.
At the end of each school year, the Tuality Healthcare Foundation awards scholarships to two outstanding high school students seeking a career in a human health care related field. Applicants must be a current graduating high school senior attending one of the following schools: Aloha, Banks, Banks Christian Academy, Century, Faith Bible Christian, Forest Grove, Gaston, Glencoe, Hillsboro, Liberty, Life Christian, Miller Education Center or Westview. Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher and must meet other selection criteria as well. Scholarship award amounts vary. Application forms are available at the end of February in the career counseling centers of the aforementioned high schools and on the Foundation website.
To fill out the application PDF below, save it to your computer and open in Acrobat Reader.
- Tuality Healthcare Foundation Scholarship Application
- Tuality Healthcare Foundation Scholarship Application Instructions
For more information, contact Melanie Johnson at 503.681.1170 or email@example.com